Feast on kasi flavour
Homemakers Petronella, Duduzile and Lorraine aimed to prove seasoned cooks have the magic touch in the kitchen
It was a battle of the mamas on Rate My Plate when home-cook Lorraine Shuburi wowed with her dish. The winning meal was brimming with authentic local flavour and perfectly highlighted the goodness of Harvestime veggies with some local flair. And who doesn’t love the nostalgia of good old kasi flavour? Chef Dede was all smiles when he rated the meal – so let the aromas fill your home and delight your family.
Watch the show on Mzansi Magic (DStv channel 161) every Tuesday at 9.30pm #RateMyPlateSA
Serves 4-6 | Cooking Time: ± 50 Min
1 big onion
60ml (4T) cooking oil
5ml (1t) Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
5ml (1t) Rajah Medium Curry Powder
5ml (1t) ginger and garlic, crushed
8 chicken necks
8 chicken feet
1 x chicken stock cube
2,5ml (1/2t) Aromat Chilli
5ml (1t) chicken spice
5ml (1t) barbecue spice
500ml (2c) water
2 medium potatoes
1/2 each green, red and yellow peppers
1/2 cup Harvestime Mixed Vegetables
Pap, green beans and butternut to serve
- Heat the oil, add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the curry powders, ginger and garlic.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the necks, feet and giblets, stock cube, Aromat and chicken and barbecue spices.
- Add the water and cook for 30 minutes. Then add the potatoes, Harvestime Mixed Vegetables and peppers. Cook for another
- 15 minutes or until soft.
- Serve with cooked pap, green beans and butternut.